martes, 31 de agosto de 2010

Otro post en mal inglés

My English skills are much worse than my Spanish ones, but I felt like writing something my husband could understand, so please, bear with me.


Milan Kundera, a writer I’ve quoted far too many times, describes in The Unbearable Lightness of Being (a book I’ve read excessively) peculiar characters with peculiar takes on love. Despite I don’t like the relationship between Tomas and Teresa, I like the way Kundera describes their love sometimes. In some part of the book, Tomas dreams that he is sitting next to a beautiful naked woman. He knows that she is the woman perfect for him, something like his soul mate. In front of them there’s a window facing the street, through the window he sees Teresa crying. He knows, without any threat of doubt that he will jump through the window, abandoning the perfect woman to be with the woman he loves.

That’s love for me. I would jump too, through the window, any window, and all the windows.

2 comentarios:

todavia dijo...

Ni tu dominio del español es limitado -¡De ninguna manera!-, ni tu ingles es tan malo como piensas (mira que te lo digo yo, que sospecho pasaré el resto de mi vida aprendiendo maneras diferentes de decir "I'm sorry, I don't speak english")


Ví la cinta pero nunca lei el libro. Que hermosa idea del amor!

Jimena dijo...

También vi la película. Pensé que era un libro imposible de traducir a imágenes, porque es una novela que descansa en la profundidad y la belleza de sus ideas, pero la película también me gustó mucho.

Trataré de tener más confianza con el inglés :), definitivamente es un territorio en el que aún me siento incómoda.

Ese fragmento del libro, esa idea del amor, me ha dado vueltas en la cabeza últimamente, pero mi reseña es bastante incompleta, son mucho mejores desde luego las palabras originales del autor.